Saturday 3 April 2010

Purveying delightful objects...


...is a full-time job. Or rather, it is for me.

For those of you who know me, you'll be well acquainted with my love of well-crafted furniture and artefacts of the past, and how I've built this up into a business over the past few years.


For those of you who I don't know (yet), a little bit about me..... I source and restore tables, cabinets, glass lightshades, stuffed squirrels, mirrors, dressers, rocking horses, anglepoise lamps, mechanical zebras and a whole host of other objects that I find 'interesting'. I sell my stock far and wide to the discerning customer with an eye for originality and classic design.

I'm keeping this blog so that I can post my newest and most exciting finds online. Most of what appears on the blog will be for sale so you can get in touch with me directly if you like what you see. I also operate an ongoing 'I want one of those!' list so if you're on the look-out for a medical trolley, a set of antlers or that perfect bathroom cabinet, please let me know and I will do my best to source what you're looking for.

Coming Soon... some Glasgwegian finds...

Photo: Stefan Lorett

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marc,

    Lovely blog and LOVELY serif-y font for your name - where did you find it?

    Maybe you'd be able to help us out with a couple of items we're looking for? A key tidy/box/cupboard of some kind big enough to take half a dozen or so keys up to 4 inches long. Doesn't need to be particularly secure, just decorative. Also an old fashioned doorbell (where you pull a thingy and it sets of a spring mounted bell - the louder the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen - you're our first 'comment-er' - congrats!

    I'll add your key tidy to our 'I Want One of Those!' list and will get back in touch when I come across something that might be suitable for you.

    The authentic old doorbells that you describe are, as they say 'as rare as hen's teeth'. Which might also, inevitably, make them a bit pricey. That said, you can get repro ones which might do the job - I'll dig around and see if I can get hold of any recommendations for you....

    ReplyDelete